Who We Are
Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is Southern California s locally operated non-profit default electricity provider for 32 communities within Los Angeles and Ventura counties and the 5th largest electricity company in the State of California. We provide clean renewable energy at competitive rates to over three million residents and businesses through approximately one million customer accounts.
What You ll Do
CPA is looking for enthusiastic and organized students, recent graduates, and young professionals seeking experience in the clean energy, sustainability, and communications outreach fields. Through this internship, you will develop and maintain a dashboard of metrics that connect the Communications and Marketing Department s day-to-day activities with the overall business and operational goals of the organization. You will use analysis and insights to drive recommendations for CPA s digital marketing and communications campaigns. CPA internships typically run for a length of six months and can be extended, but no term length is guaranteed.
Who You ll Work With
The Communications and Marketing team s Analytics and Metrics Intern will report to our Marketing & Digital Strategy Manager. You will work with all members of CPA s Communications and Marketing Team, as well as other members of CPA s senior management team, and may have joint assignments with other interns.
Commitment to Diversity
At CPA, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We represent a diverse customer base and intend to hire employees that reflect our communities. Clean Power Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CPA fosters a culture of open communication, responsibility, intellectual curiosity, and exceptional judgement. As a small team that has quickly built the largest Community Choice Aggregation program in the country, high levels of trust, collaboration, and mission alignment are key factors in success. We value fact-based creativity in our work, accountability with our stakeholders, and promote ethical engagement and diversity with our brand.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate the Following Abilities:
- Enjoy engaging with passionate internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communicator who can write and speak compellingly and clearly.
- Strong work ethic and be comfortable taking initiative/working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to organize and carry out projects with minimal instruction.
- Compose correspondence independently based on policy and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the structure and implementation of new reporting dashboards in Excel, Google Analytics, and Tableau to help drive transparency and decision making across the Digital & Online organization.
- Generate and analyze weekly and monthly media monitoring reports using CPA s media monitoring system.
- Develop monthly digital reporting for CPA s website and social media channels. Includes data gathering, observations, and benchmarking as it relates to CPA s company-wide goals and digital benchmarks.
- Pull bi-monthly data for the department s digital dashboard.
- Coordinate with Communications and Marketing team to pull additional data for campaigns or branding efforts.
- Provide weekly earned media monitoring and reporting
- Present data and observations weekly.
- Assist with events and other department activities as needed.
- Candidates should have completed or be in the process of completing a secondary educational degree, with a desired focus in environmental work, public policy, communications, journalism, science, or other relevant areas of study.
- Work or volunteer experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and Google Analytics.
- High-level proficiency with MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills (ability to identify risks and escalate issues).
- Strong digital analytics experience (site analytics, media projections, results, etc.) especially on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to recognize patterns and document observations.
- Task focused: able to work with a high degree of accuracy highly organized, detail focused, and ability to prioritize.
- Either prior relevant coursework or 1+ years of experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Experience with databases such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics and visualization tools such as Microsoft Power Bi or Tableau.
- Experience with marketing automation software such as Marketo or similar platform.
- Knowledge of CPA service territory.
- Interest in energy, clean technology, or public service.
- Valid California Driver s License
This position is a hybrid role and requires attendance in our downtown Los Angeles office 2- 3 days per week on days determined by CPA, with work location on the remaining days either in office or remote.
Internship compensation ranges from $17 to $25 per hour, with exact compensation to be determined by Clean Power Alliance, dependent on skills and experience. This is a part-time/temporary position. Interns are only eligible for mandated benefits, such as sick pay, workers compensation, and Medicare contributions.