Posting Number 00743
Title Research Coordinator
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Research Coordinator will work side by side with the research team to perform moderately complex clinical research following established protocols including assist with IRB submissions, administration of informed consents, research study surveys and questionnaires, data entry, data management, data analysis and help preparing NIH progress reports.
Will also assist Dr. Spencer with program development, report writing, and administrative tasks related to Drew CARES clinical grants ( NIH supplements, CFAR , pharmaceutical trials).
- Assist the Research Assistant with the daily operations of clinical research tasks, including recruitment, screening and consenting of research subjects for clinical study.
- Assists in IRB submission and revisions.
- Assist in scheduling follow-up study visits. Make appointment phone-call reminders.
- Assist with the coordination of activities associated with the different aims of the study.
- Responsible for administering study survey and questionnaires using computer tablet.
- Responsible for data entry into research study database.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of research participants, and adheres to HIPAA , GCP , ICH , FA Regulations and SOPs guidelines.
- Engage weekly meetings with PI and other research team members.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry and query resolution within study databases.
- Establishes and maintain files and records for research study.
- Creates study related motivation and engagement materials.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered into databases.
- Assists in preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and comprehensive written reports summarizing research results for quarterly progress reports.
- Work with the principal investigator at CDU , co-investigators, and other study staff to ensure smooth running of the project.
- Coordinates with other study staff and DHS clinic staff regarding research participant enrollment and study participation.
- Participate in trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled.
- Assist with writing papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Assist research team in grant writing.
Other Duties And Responsibilities
- Spanish verbal and written translations.
- Previous clinical research experience in the areas of HIV prevention and treatment, health disparities, and clinical trials is highly desired.
- Experience with basic clinical protocols including data collection, subject recruitment, subject assessments, data entry and data management.
- Experience with IRB and regulatory documentation.
- Familiarity with research survey tools.
- Familiarity with videoconferencing tools such as Webex and Zoom, and planning tools such as Doodle Poll also a plus.
- Utilize basic statistic principals.
- Ability to develop or adapt data collection techniques.
- Administrative experience is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and schedule various activities.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data inventories.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as able to utilize electronic health records with appropriate training.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in behavior science, health, Biological Sciences or related field is preferred.
- COVID -19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID -19 vaccinations for all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has been implemented consistent with federal and state law related to medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse communities including persons of color and sexual minorities.
- Fluent in Spanish is desired.
Category Part Time
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Detail Information
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 10/26/2022
Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active)
Special Instructions to Applicants