Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will impact how we diagnose and treat disease. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
We invite you to consider and apply for this position and discover how your career can be transformed at Cedars-Sinai!
Principal Investigator, Nicolas Musi, MD, is looking for a Research Associate IV talent to join the team!
The Research Associate IV manages all lab activities including financial management (preparation of and compliance with grant proposals), Human Resources management, and general administration. This position is responsible for compliance with safety standards and procedures for working with hazardous materials and equipment. The incumbent may be co-author or author of publications and make independent presentations, will develop hypothesis, and assists in planning steps for the investigative process. The RA IV member will review and remain current on literature as it relates to clinical/research study, may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities as Laboratory Manager, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise. May perform the duties of the Research Associate I, II, or III, and must have a complete understanding of laboratory and research functions. This role will provide supervision and train Research Laboratory Assistants and Research Associates, but will not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in project planning, troubleshooting, and execution of clinical/research projects.
- Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, programming, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Coordinates clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author and presents independent presentations.
- Shares in lab manager responsibilities.
- Supervises and trains new lab members, Research Lab Assistants, Research Associates, and Research Fellows.
- Orients new individuals to the day-to-day operations and laboratory procedures.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science related field, required.
- Master’s degree in a Science related field, preferred.
- 7 years of Research Laboratory experience, required.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Research Associate IV – Musi Lab – Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
Department: Home Dept – Endocrinology
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,800.00 – $110,000.00