Are you a hardworking and dedicated research professional interested in being a part of breakthrough Research?
When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements and life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Cedars-Sinai is one of the leading institutes for driven research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Anat Ben-Shlomo, MD and Assistant Professor of Medicine is searching for a Research Associate III to join the team!
The research of Dr. Anat Ben-Shlomo focuses on clinical and translational research in pituitary gland disorders. She has an emphasis on pituitary tumor genomics and therapies.
We seek a research talent with an interest and experience in performing routine and increasingly sophisticated laboratory tasks and procedures including wet lab, in vitro and in vivo work. The RA III works closely with Dr. Ben-Shlomo, providing technical and/or
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides miscellaneous clinical/research support (ad hoc data analysis, hypothesis development, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Organizes clinical/research trials in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and sponsor and/or funding source.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific findings for publication as author or co-author.
- May make independent presentations.
- May provide system administration and maintenance for the local workstation network.
- Leads and trains Research Lab Assistants, Research Fellow, lower level Research Associates, and other related support staff and may be requested by PI to take on specific supervisory activities.
- Orients new Research Fellows and/or Research Scientists to day-to-day lab operations and procedures.
- Responsible for performing technical, specialized and aseptic procedures in support of the transgenic rodent research models of human disease.
- Performs husbandry and housing care to research rodents.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science related field is required.
- 3 years of research laboratory experience is required.
- Experience with animal and husbandry and working with transgenic mice preferred.
- Proficient with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Ability to work independently and to simultaneously handle multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and organization skills to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess digital literacy in Excel and Word.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Research Associate III – Endocrinology (Pituitary Laboratory)
Department: Home Dept – Melmed Lab
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 – $90,900.00