Join Dr. Simon Knott, Ph.D., and his research group as a Research Associate I!
The Knott laboratory is focused on understanding the mechanisms that cancer cells use to evade standard of care and experimental therapies. This entails developing and analyzing mouse models of drug resistance as well as profiling patient tumor material to identify cellular pathways that are amplified in response to the therapeutic onslaught.
To learn more, please visit Knott Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. Observes safety standards and procedures. The Research Assistant I will be able to perform routine micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to processing of blood and other biospecimens into different components, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, cDNA preparation, cell culture, cloning of genetic fragments in bacteria. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows in the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in biological science required.
Experience and Skills:
- No experience required. One (1)or more years of additional practical experience working in a molecular biology/ pathology/ microbiology/ genetics laboratory is preferred.
- Understanding of general research objectives and familiarity with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Function efficiently as an individual and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research scientists and associates and graduate students.
- Highly motivated, independent with superior interpersonal, communication, and strong organizational skills, including excellent written and oral communication.
- Computer skills include, but are not limited to, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials, and attention to detail.
Working Title: Research Associate I – Knott Lab – Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics Core
Department: BMS – Bioinfo & Func Genomics
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$18.00 – $29.87