Posting Number 00747
Title Pre-clerkship Curriculum Coordinator
The Pre-clerkship Curriculum Coordinator will assist in all aspects of the medical school curriculum. Principle function is administrative liaison and project management support.
- Efficient preparation and communication of curricular information to course directors, content leaders, faculty, and students
- Medical school course coordination – Preparation and dissemination of course materials and syllabi
- Scheduling of learning sessions including room reservations
- Timely management and maintenance of the on-line course materials in the learning management system ( LMS )
- Frontline contact and liaison between students, faculty, and course co-directors.
- Coordination of exam preparation and evaluation process for each course with timely submission to meet curricular deadlines, including proctoring of exams
- Attendance and participation in curricular committees and other curricular related meetings
- Curricular projects and tasks as assigned by the Pre-clerkship Dean – The candidate must be able to multi-task, with a strong focus on organization, be able to balance the needs of various roles, and be able to manage multiple priorities from a diverse set of directors.
- Maintains web-based communication for courses: Course learning management system ( LMS ) updates, proofreading for grammar, spelling, and errors.
- Edits, facilitates, manages, and communicates group assignments and general course information.
- Instructs and assists faculty in the use of the LMS .
- Submits grades into student information system ( SIS ) and monitors SIS schedule
- Coordinates scheduling of sessions and multiple mandatory course requirements ensuring that all necessary facilities are reserved and operational for course sessions.
- Responsible for assembling and distributing course materials including syllabi in multiple formats.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge base regarding educational space including location, capacity, audiovisual equipment availability, basic operation, and troubleshooting.
- Communicates with faculty and guests in advance to arrange for their needs.
- Troubleshoots as necessary to resolve time conflicts, room problems, and other logistical issues encountered by students or faculty.
- Providing overall administrative support to Course Directors
- Administers courses to proper units/departments and students with updates to dates/locations/ academic material sent out as needed, arranging for facilities, maintenance of efficient filing system, when necessary, assistance with exams as well as facilitating evaluations, annual review preparation and participation, purchasing of supplies and services, overall organization, maintenance and scheduling of academic components or the curriculum courses.
- Coordinates and attends course-related meetings attended by teaching faculty, staff or students including preparing materials, making all necessary arrangements for room reservations, set up/break down, and refreshments.
- On ongoing basis, keeps the course directors and administrators informed of academic performance Issues or concerns.
- Front line contact with faculty, students, and departments, including handling routine office matters and special projects assigned by Course Directors, administrative director, director for foundational sciences and Undergraduate Medical Education office.
- Handles student and faculty academic and administrative concerns and grievances on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year of relevant responsible work experience
- Excellent written/oral communication
- Analytical and computer skills
- Advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases and scheduling tools
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient/family special needs, and the ability to address each patient’s special needs (e.g. unique personal history, physical limitations, belief system, language, communication style, literacy, health status).
- Takes an active role in personal and professional development.
- Completes mandatory education requirements within designated time frame.
- Uses ethical principles to guide decisions and actions.
- Recognizes the value of each individual within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Treats others with respect and dignity.
- Supports the university code of conduct and our mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrates/models effective communication skills when interacting with customers, visitors, patients and co-workers. Gives and accepts constructive feedback.
- Welcomes and assists with orientation of new staff.
- Prior administrative experience in an academic setting.
COVID -19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID -19 vaccinations for all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has been implemented consistent with federal and state law related to medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and procedures.
Category Full Time
Number of Vacancies 12
Posting Detail Information
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 11/01/2022
Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active)
Special Instructions to Applicants
The employment status of this position is classified as “Conditional”. Conditional employment means that the job exists contingent upon funding limitations of restricted funds or, the duration of a specific program, project, grant or contract. The duration of grant for this position is through June 30, 2023.