Funded Postdoctoral Scientist positions are available in Sergei Grivennikov Lab (https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/grivennikov.html) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California
Our lab is actively studying immunology, microbiota, tissue microenvironment and cancer using various animal models, organoids and a vast array of modern cutting-edge technologies. We work with models of intestinal inflammation, gastrointestinal cancers, effects of microbiota, inflammation and microbial metabolites on tissue inflammation and regeneration, as well as on cancer formation, progression and metastasis.
Main research includes:
- Role of cytokine pathways and inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer
- Role of functional microbiota in induction of inflammation, tumorigenesis and cancer metastasis
- Role of Tumor microenvironment in progression of colon and pancreatic cancers.
As the lab has recently relocated to Cedars-Sinai there is much growth and we are looking for passionate scientists who can work independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other scientists in the lab.
Successful candidates will contribute in the lab as well as develop their own line(s) of research within the broad scientific interests of the lab. In this role you will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period in the fields of immunology and cancer biology and will be responsible for conceptual and technical contribution to drive exciting projects forward.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of care we strive for.
- Doctorate Degree (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in biomedical sciences, immunology, pharmacology, or an area directly related to a field of research specialization in broad immunology and/or cancer biology.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years
- Interest in microbiology, microbiota and inflammation as well as training and skills in bioinformatic analyses of large scale/big data would be an advantage.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor and collaboratively with the mentor within the interest of the lab
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Please apply online AND send a cover letter, personal statement, CV, and contact information of three references to Dr. Sergei Grivennikov (email@example.com).
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist – Cancer Research, Grivennikov Lab
Department: Home Dept – Hem – Onc
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 – $93,600.00