Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Palo Alto, California, US (Time Zone: PST/CIST | Full day overlap)
- SALARY: $160,000 – $185,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week – Long-term
- Must be based in or relocate to Palo Alto to work in the office at least two days a week
The position is based in Palo Alto, CA, Headquarters.?Our client is working in a hybrid work environment with onsite and remote work days.
You want to help shape the digital future as a Senior Software Engineer, specializing in iOS. The mission of the Silicon Valley office is to create new digital experiences, drive business innovation to explore new products, features & services for our Client. The goal is to identify new opportunities, prototype new product (-ideas) by leveraging design, research, and engineering while recognizing new digitalization strategies for the U.S. market
As part of the cross-functional product team contribute to the product success by developing state-of-the-art iOS code, to develop & implement engaging new mobile experiences, ranging from POCs to end-user products. As part of a cross-functional product team, this role is also involved in ideating, creating and evaluating new lifestyle services, customer engagements and driving experiences.
- Define, build and iterate iOS experiences to support existing and new projects related to the experience and digital lifestyle
- Own and become a resident expert of various pieces of iOS development and functionality within the team
- Collaborate with other front-end and back-end engineers as well as the rest of the cross-functional product team within a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer software or related field
- Experience with writing mobile software in a fast-paced engineering team
- Extensive experience with Swift and mobile design patterns
- Experience with UI Constraints, Storyboards, Xcode unit and UI testing
- Holistic understanding of end-to-end data flow between containerized services and mobile clients
- Experience with implementing complex designs with UIKit
- Extensive experience with mobile application lifecycles
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile work environment
- Familiar with quick code iterations, failing quickly and retrying
- Bachelor or Master of Science in computer science, computer engineering, computer software or related field
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of iOS development
- Proven ability to build, iterate and ship mobile applications on time
- Strong understanding of front end/UI design methodologies
- Experience with Apple CarPlay and Swift Packages
- Automotive architectures, interfaces and vehicle software knowledge is a plus
- Self-driven and motivated to get things done
- You think about “why we are doing this”
- Strong engineering, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are a proactive and effective communicator, adept at working with various teams and leading initiatives with little direct supervision
- They operate like a startup – any small company or startup experience is very helpful!
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.