Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States and Canada only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long term
- At least 2 years of ML and systems engineering experience
- Experience designing and architecting large scale machine learning systems
- Strong coding skills, with ability to write high-performance code in either Java, Python, Scala, and/or other equivalent languages
Nice To Have
- Google Cloud Platform
Role Responsibilities: This is a contract position for a Sr. Software/ML Engineer reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, ML Experience. A successful candidate will be required to do the following:
- Develop products and features that power model lifecycle jobs
- Support their customers to deliver a great model development experience and adoption of their platform
- Partner closely with other platform teams to deliver cohesive experiences for end users
- Work effectively with other members of the team to develop high quality, scalable, and high performant ML infrastructure software solutions and products
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at our client’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- Solid Infrastructure background with 2+ years of industry ML Engineering & systems experience
- Practical experience designing & architecting large scale machine learning systems
- Strong engineering and coding skills, with the ability to write high-performance production code. Proficiency in Java, Python, Scala, and/or other equivalent languages
- You have built distributed services with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, etc
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Machine learning frameworks & technologies such as Tensorflow / TFX, Pytorch, Kubeflow
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong collaboration skills, as well as both verbal and written communication skills.
About the team:
The Machine Learning Experience team builds scalable and high performance machine learning infrastructure and systems to accelerate and optimize the model building experience for all data and applied science teams. Our client’s team ensures the systems that enable ML practitioners to prototype, train, serve, and operate their ML models are reliable, cost-efficient, and increase their productivity.
Interview Process: Behavioral Interview with hiring manager and technical (coding/system design) interviews with 2 team members. 45 mins/interview
Remote or Hybrid: Open to either Remote, Hybrid, or Brooklyn onsite. Expectation is to work 40 hours/week aligning with any of the US timezones (Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.