*To avoid fraudulent outreach, please only respond to inquiries regarding any roles at our company that come from an @DreamscapeVR.com email address.*
Dreamscape is a next-generation location-based VR company backed by some of Hollywood’s leading players, including Steven Spielberg, MGM, Fox, Warner Brothers, IMAX, Westfield, and AMC. Utilizing our full breadth of creative storytelling, Dreamscape brings to life the best of movies, allowing viewers to become active participants like never before. In an exciting and novel extension of its expertise and technology, Dreamscape is partnering with learning institutions to deliver unique VR course experiences which are efficacious, scalable, and emotionally engaging. Dreamscape’s multi-user immersive platform utilizes a unique body-mapping system developed by Swiss technologists to help people experience an entirely new world they never dreamed possible.
About the Role
As a Dreamscape Experience Developer, you will work with Unity to transform our creative ideas into best-in-class location-based VR experiences.
- Work under the direction of project leads to develop tools, create game features, and fix bugs within Dreamscape’s existing framework
- Analyze performance and implement optimizations in both high and low-level code
- Rapidly prototype new tools and player facing functionality that can later scale, working both independently and collaboratively with art and design teams
- Improve core technologies by testing, debugging, and integrating proprietary Dreamscape SDK updates as necessary, communicating with development teams to solve problems and improve processes along the way
- Collaborate with our Design and Engineering team to meet operational requirements and ensure proper integration of experience haptics
- Maintain a working knowledge of the various software and hardware stages of the Dreamscape system to troubleshoot any problems
- Provide task management and mentoring to junior team members as required
- 3+ years developing in Unity
- Strong C# skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and/or data-oriented programming
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Plastic, etc.)
- Knowledge of design patterns in gaming
- Knowledge of KISS and SOLID principles in software architecture
- Comfortable integrating art and functionality in engine
- Ability to adapt quickly to new coding environments and programming standards
- One or more released commercial products (VR, PC, or mobile)
- Experience developing narrative focused experiences
- Knowledge of asset creation tools such as Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, etc.
- Knowledge of shaders (HLSL, Amplify, Shader Graph, etc.)
The well-being, health, and safety of our employees and customers remain a top priority at Dreamscape. Therefore, COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this position.
Dreamscape is committed to providing equal opportunities. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.