Blue Shield of California is looking for a developer to join our IT Application Services team. The candidate will be the subject matter expert for the Health Data Strategy business service and associated platforms. This individual will build/develop the various application components and integrations and serve as the expert developer responsible for assuring real-time solutions built within the portfolio are highly secure and robust. This includes effective communication & influence of IT, business, and vendor partners to provide solutions that optimize cost, quality, security, and fit for purpose
In this role, you will:
- Adopt and apply software engineering concepts and processes to software development.
- Provide input to designs and technical specifications.
- Develop user interfaces and application programs using the technical specifications and design documents provided.
- Tests, debugs and maintains code according to the technical specifications.
- Provide knowledge transfer to less experienced staff.
- Be a technical champion and advocate for the optimization of solutions needed to support Blue Shield’s growth and financial goals.
- Serve as a technical consultant for major initiatives impacting the Health Solutions portfolio – establishing trusted relationships with business partners, internal IT organizations, other IT portfolio leaders, and key suppliers’ technical teams.
- Provide technical leadership in establishing a competency center that educates other IT professionals on service & cloud-based design & development practices.
- Effectively communicate approach, value, risk, alternatives, and status of goal progress with executive & senior management, business sponsors, and product managers
- Be experienced with relevant software development tools, industry protocols, troubleshooting & support procedures, monitoring & quality controls, and communication/documentation software.
- Be self-directed, work with limited management direction, and exercise considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of the assignment.
- Apply significant knowledge of IT and healthcare industry trends.
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on design, coding, integration, and deployment experience in SaaS applications
- SQL/PL-SQL knowledge
- API Integrations with Java and other tools
- Strong technical acumen & deep working knowledge of Agile Methods, Service Architecture, and enterprise Cloud Integration
- Application development including integration/extract development.
- Experience in Application Integration, design, and applying to the Vlocity techniques such as Integration Procedures, Apex
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategies, communicate and build alignment on concepts from ideation to execution.
- Strong ability to influence, collaborate and build relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to assess potential opportunities, risks, and issues, and make recommendations to resolve or course-correct as necessary.
- Ability to effectively manage meetings and work regularly with a variety of stakeholders.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to create, translate, and execute technical deliverables.
- Proven experience educating & influencing others and collaborating across all functions and levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Healthcare experience in Membership, Enrollment, Provider claims processing & payments are preferred (Facets, FHIR)
- Experience working with external vendors & distributed on/offshore teams.
- Expertise in the Microsoft Windows server administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) administration
- Working knowledge of network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain Name Services, FTP/SCP, and HTTP
- Experience setting up components in Microsoft Azure
- Preferred expertise in virtualization platforms such as Citrix, Load balancers, and Epic software
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is: 96800.00 to 145200.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate’s experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.