Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – Work from anywhere
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 – $75/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
About The Role
Our client is seeking a mid to senior-level Android developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of one application in the short term (but several more are roadmapped) that is aimed at broad Android device support. Your primary focus will be the development of native Android applications that involve close collaboration with their UI/UX and engineering teams in order to implement the design. A commitment to collaborative problem solving with and to creating quality products is essential.
- Build, update and maintain core application UI elements and business logic using well-supported frameworks and libraries for native Android development
- Maintain integrations with 1st-party SDKs and APIs
- Build CI/CD pipeline for deploying updates
- Parse through PRDs and interact with product owner(s) to understand business and technical requirements
- Create and manage issues in their product management software
- Report on daily activity and blockers to project leads
- Provide test instructions or feature documentation
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members as needed
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years building and maintaining native Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin, the Android SDK and ecosystem, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with wired-USB and Bluetooth peripherals (ethernet-over-USB or serial)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, SQL, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Please submit your resume and highlight similar projects
- In your application or cover letter, give a one-sentence rationale for why to use SQLite instead of Realm
- During the interviews be prepared to talk about basic Android, framework of choice, common pitfalls when dealing with Android running on different platforms
- Be ready to discuss previous project responsibilities and the scope of your involvement
They know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — They’d love to hear from you.
About Our Client
They are building a company that reflects the world in which they want to live. One where they can enjoy the convenience of biometrics without compromising their privacy or personal freedom. To make this a reality, their technology allows businesses of all kinds to adopt biometric authentication quickly and easily. With their client, people are clocking into work, paying for a coffee, and unlocking doors with a wave of their hand. Their team is remote first, by design. Their talented employees work from all over the world because they want to reflect the people who use it: global citizens who bring their diverse perspectives to solve unique problems.
They are at an exciting juncture and looking for new voices and ideas to continue building their vision for the company. They believe that the things that make us unique are their greatest strengths. They have an inclusive, global, remote-first workplace that comprises people from all different lifestyles, backgrounds, abilities, and nationalities.
Please note: Our client is undergoing SOC2 compliance and performs background checks, and provides security training to team members.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.