APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org .
We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 5 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
This position will pay $58,240 – $69,635 annually. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Human Resources, the Recruiter is responsible for the successful recruitment of positions using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consults with hiring managers to define specific recruitment needs and plan the hiring process.
· Develops job postings for company web site as well as other recruitment sources including social media.
· Researches association publications, web sites and other appropriate resources on which to post opportunities.
· Researches and attends job fairs, conferences and other recruitment opportunities.
· Identifies and source candidates on job boards, resume databases, professional networks and through referrals.
· Assist with the development of promotional materials, such as banners and posters to be used in recruitment events.
· Reviews resumes/CVs/applications and phone screens candidates to verify work history, education, training, job skills, and to seek salary requirement to determine fit for the organization.
· Interviews candidates when necessary for positions in order to present best candidates to hiring manager.
· Refers qualified applicants to hiring manager.
· Manages all communication with candidates from the moment they apply until they get onboard.
· Maintains an on-going candidate tracking worksheet/database reflecting documentation of open positions, where positions were posted, interviews scheduled, conversation had, offers made or not made, offers accepted or not accepted, reasons for offers declined, etc.
· Follows up and obtains feedback from interviewers and candidates after interview to determine interest on all parties’ behalf in a timely manner.
· Consults with the Associate Director of Human Resources regarding contingent salary offers.
· Notifies HR Coordinator of the approved offer and the coordinator will generate the contingent offer letter and place the applicant in background.
· Track the status of the background checks.
· Generate final offer letters to be signed by the Director of Human Resources.
· In conjunction with the HR Coordinator, arrange for onboarding of hired staff.
· Tracks and verifies all invoices and funds spent on external recruitment resources; including job postings, ad placements, third party placement fees, etc. Analyzes effectiveness of advertising and resources used.
· Contacts new hires after 30 and 60 days to determine satisfaction with the process and assess opportunities for improvement.
· Stays current on local, regional and national hiring trends and practices; researches competitor’s activities to keep informed of changes affecting APLA’s ability to hire and retain top talent. Provides to the Director of Human Resources input to improve hiring related processes.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.