Founded in 1887 Dignity Health – California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed acute care nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health obstetrics and pediatric services and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
As a Medical Surgical Nurse at California Hospital you’ll excel in your nursing career by providing care to patients admitted to our unit. Most of your patients are funneled in from other units providing you with the opportunity to build on your education and experience in specialized service lines such as cardiac telemetry orthopedics neurology critical care surgical services and emergency.
Your success in this role comes from your enthusiasm to help others – with a patient-first mindset. Keen assessment skills critical thinking and a sense of urgency support your career advancement and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment where you will rarely experience the same day twice.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision FSA matching retirement plans paid vacation adoption assistance and more.
- Deliver care to 4-6 patients per shift
- Administer medications change dressings monitor vital signs and chart with timely documentation
- Collaborate with a variety of other healthcare professionals such as social work care coordination physical therapy occupational therapy lab respiratory therapy and imaging
- A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the State of California.
- BLS required for all areas.
- 1 year acute care experience
- LA City Fire Safety (within 90 days from date of hire)
- Licensed California Registered Nurse
This position represented by CNA.