The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all our patients with cancer. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care!
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you join our team to collaborate on groundbreaking research!
The Research Nurse Coordinator III is responsible for all activities associated with clinical study coordination, subject enrollment, data management/integrity, regulatory compliance, project/study evaluation and interfacing with participants and family members. Coordinates the clinical logistics of the study, and works in tandem with the Research and/or Clinical Nurse who work to provide hands-on clinical care to the research participants. Utilizes clinical nursing background and extensive/complex research protocol knowledge to serve as liaison between nursing staff, Principal Investigator, other research staff, and study participants. Serves as a resource and mentor to the research staff by providing guidance, instruction, training, work-review and leading staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for clinical study activities, coordination, adherence to protocols and serves as a liaison between study participants, Principal Investigator (PI), and other research staff.
- Provides educational services to research participants and family regarding study participation, participants current clinical condition, and or disease process.
- Assesses and documents adverse events as reported by research participants, works closely with PI to document according to department process (grade, attribution, treatment, etc.), and reports to regulatory and sponsor as required.
- Records research data where assessed or reported by patient (i.e. symptoms of treatment).
- Creates and presents education materials to the interdisciplinary team to on study requirements.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to create and communicate a plan of care.
- Triages patient by phone and provides clinical information to the patient.
- Completes and documents study participant enrollment, assessment/reassessment, education, and follow-up activities and ensures protocol is followed.
- Coordinates study participant tests and procedures as required.
- Prepares data spreadsheets for Investigator and/or department.
- Performs general oversight of research portfolio as it pertains to the clinical coordination of the studies.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to other research staff by providing training, work review and leading staff.
- Provides guidance, instruction and expertise to team members on study requirements and clinical coordination of the studies.
- May assist with grant proposals, publication preparation, and/or presentations.
- May process, ship, track or otherwise handle research specimens.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Minimum), Nursing or Health Science (Preferred)
- Master’s Degree- Nursing or Health Science (Preferred)
- Licenses: RN State License California, Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certification In Clinical Research- Clinical Research SOCRA or ACPR (Upon Hire-Minimum)
- Clinical Nursing Experience, Clinical Research Experience (5 years Minimum)
Working Title: Research Nurse Coordinator III
Department: Angeles Research
Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Research (RN)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 10 hour shift
Shift Type: Day