Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
At Cedars-Sinai, we bring the same extraordinary dedication, skill and expertise of our adult care to children. But when a child is sick or injured, it’s not enough for a hospital to have the most qualified doctors and advanced technologies. It’s not enough to just have caring nurses and kind doctors in a kid-friendly, non-threatening environment. You need to have access to a team that works together flawlessly, with one goal in mind: healing children as quickly and happily as possible.
From cardiology to urology, our doctors are fellowship trained in their pediatric specialty and have extensive experience providing care from conception to age 18. The Maxine Dunitz Children’s Health Center provides clinical care tailored to the needs of children and their families. We care for the whole family—and spend time answering questions, listening and taking the time to make treatment options clear and understandable. It’s why we’re known for our excellence in patient care and why parents throughout Los Angeles choose us to care for their family.
As a Clinical Nurse III (CN III) in the Children’s Health Center, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to support the pediatric specialty clinic. This position will support the fast paced endocrinology practice. The position also requires cross training for other specialties in order to support clinic needs.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Assessment and rooming of Pediatric patients
- Triage incoming patient calls appropriately
- Assist with Insurance Authorization of medication
- Assist in coordinating at home and community-based care
- Collaborates to problem solve and make decisions to achieve desired outcomes
- Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables
- Shares knowledge, time and competencies to assist other members of the team
- Ensures practices and procedures are inclusive of interpersonal and cultural diversity
- Acts as a team lead to include overseeing the work of others, assigning or allocating work to team, and ensuring tasks are completed according to deadlines and quality standards
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
BSN degree preferred.
Current, unrestricted California RN license required
PALS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
Ambulatory Nurse Certification or other specialty nursing certification required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
At least 2 years of medical office or hospital clinic experience is preferred.
Pediatric experience preferred.
Able to push, pull, lift, or carry 0-35 pounds intermittently.
Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and squat consistently.
Working Title: Registered Pediatric Nurse III – 8 Hour Days
Department: Ped Childrens Health Center
Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$54.55 – $87.28