As a *PICU Registered Nurse (RN) *you will, conduct patient assessments, participate in the development of the plan of care, implement and evaluate care according to patient specific age and/or developmental needs. Collaborate with other health care team members in the delivery of care. Employee will follow applicable policies and procedures in handling supplies, pharmaceuticals, and equipment.
At Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, our work matters. And so do each and every one of our valued nurses.
* Discounted transit passes & rideshare options
* On Campus Child Development Center
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Wellness Program
* Employee discounts to gyms, theme parks, and local area restaurants/retailers
*Minimum Qualifications for a PICU Registered Nurse (RN)*
* 1+ year experience as a PICU RN.
* Broad knowledge of patient care principles and equipment; CHLA patient care policies and procedures.
* Ability to assess effectiveness of patient care; maintain a calm demeanor and assist in crises and emergencies; prioritize tasks for complex patient care; communicate tactfully, professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing.
*Education/Licensure/Certification for a PICU Registered Nurse (RN)*
* BSN required.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
* Current American Heart Association CPR certification. Current American Heart Association PALS card.
At CHLA, the *Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)* is a 36-bed unit across two locations in the hospital. The PICU provides family-centered, multidisciplinary care for critically ill patients ranging from infancy through young adulthood. We utilize advanced therapies and equipment to care for patients with rare diseases, post-liver and kidney transplants, Level 1 traumas, and complex medical/surgical cases.
_CHLA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $89,440.00 – $102,856.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Critical & Intensive Care
* Children’s hospital
* Magnet hospital
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Please provide us with your email address and phone number.
* PICU RN: 1 year (Preferred)
* RN License (Required)
* BSN (Preferred)
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
* PALS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person