Do you want to make a difference for new families?
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything necessary to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
As a Registered Nurse in Labor and Delivery:
- Responsible and accountable for the nursing process and the delivery of patient care.
- Make clinical judgments and carry out related nursing intervention without supervision.
- Apply clinical knowledge regarding standard pattern of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements in patient assignment making delegation of tasks and documentation.
- Responsible for care for the patient and delivery team.
- Provide a dedication to customer service
- Ability to meet the needs and expectation of patients and health care colleagues.
Per Diem staff must consistently meet the following work requirements.
- A minimum of 2 days per pay period is required.
- Be available to work the number of hours or shifts agreed upon with the Executive Director / Associate Director / Supervisor.
- When agreed upon shifts are self-canceled, the work commitment must be met by working another day(s) in the pay period.
- Work a minimum of three (3) weekend shifts per 6 week schedule (exception: Ambulatory / Outpatient Clinics).
- Per Diem staff working 144 or more hours per time schedule will work a minimum of four (4) weekend shifts per schedule.
- If Per Diem staff fails to meet their weekend commitment, a letter of “self-termination” by failing to meet the time commitment will be sent.
- Be available to work two (2) of the six national holidays one must include Christmas or New Year’s.
- The holiday commitments will include the holiday eves as the day.
- Be available to rotate shifts as needed.
- Completion of certified nursing program, BSN preferred
- A Valid California Registered Nurse License
- ACLS & NRP from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 1 year Labor and Delivery experience required
Working Title: Registered Nurse Per Diem – Labor & Delivery – 12 hour Nights
Department: Labor & Delivery
Business Entity: Nursing
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 12 hour shift
Shift Type: Night
Base Pay:$64.50 – $65.49