Ronald Reagan UCLA Med Center757 Westwood Plaza, Ste 8237, Mailcode 742830, Los Angeles, California, 90095, United States of America
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life in a hospital setting. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease. Do you desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way – the way you’d want your own care to be?
If you haven’t considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should.
DaVita is on a quest to Build the Greatest Health Care Community the World Has Ever Seen. DaVita – which is Italian for “giving life” – is working to provide quality service to patients, partners, and teammates. Our mission is to be the Provider, Partner, and Employer of Choice.
Some details about this position:
• No Dialysis experience is required.
• Training may take place in a facility or a training facility other than your assigned home facility
• Potential to float to various facilities during and after your training
• You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
What you can expect:
• Be a part of a team that supports and relies on each other in a positive environment. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians.
• Deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
• Oversee a group of patients with the support of PCTs to conduct patient observations, measuring stats and machine set up.
• You will work with your head, heart and hands each day in a fast paced environment.
• Specialty in multiple renal therapies. Acute (inpatient) RNs may deliver nephrology care through Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) and Apheresis.
• Work daily in a hospital setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a contracted healthcare system, and become an integral part of both the hospital and DaVita team.
• Dynamic environment. As an Acute (Inpatient) Dialysis Nurse you’ll provide specialty nephrology care within a variety of settings (ICU, CCU, ED and more).
• Schedule: Provide lifesaving care during regularly scheduled and on-call shifts. Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily schedule may change depending on patient needs.
• DaVita’s Inpatient Dialysis Program is Joint Commission Accredited
What We’ll Provide:
DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
• Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
• Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave, pet insurance, and more
• Paid training
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice;
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• You might also have experience in the follow that can be helpful but not required
o Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
o Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
• DaVita requires teammates to comply with Federal and State requirements related to vaccination against Covid-19. This includes being up to date with vaccinations or having a qualified exemption. For our teammates who work to support in-patient treatments in hospital or healthcare systems, there may be additional booster requirements prior to providing patient care services.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
DaVita is a clinical leader! We have the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS’s standards in the government’s two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step and apply now.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
$40 – $55 / hour
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits