Adventist Health White Memorial is a unique faith-based teaching hospital serving East Los Angeles and the surrounding area. The non-profit, 353-bed hospital is committed to improving the health of the community by providing high quality and comprehensive care with inpatient and outpatient services. White Memorial has served the community for over 100 years, and today is regionally recognized for state-of-the-art technology and specialty care services provided by some of the best physicians in Los Angeles whose credentials include pioneering research, ivy-league education and a commitment to compassionate and culturally-competent care. In 2019 Adventist Health White Memorial won the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Visit AdventistHealthWhiteMemorial.org for more information about the hospital.
Plans and conducts segments of treatment programs designed to restore and improve physical, social and mental functions, while meeting department objectives. Serves as co-leader in interdisciplinary approach to patient groups.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor’s): Required
- Master’s Degree: Preferred
- Doctorate Degree: Preferred
- Two years’ Physical Therapy experience: Preferred
- Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS OR HS-BLS OR RQIBLS) certification: Required
- Physical Therapist (PT): Required
Facility Specific License/Certifications:
- Hospital Fire and Life Safety (HLFS): Required
- Completes evaluations to ensure quality standards and addresses assessment areas that require attention. Uses appropriate clinical techniques and tools and establishes individualized treatment plans for patients.
- Provides therapy interventions using appropriate treatment protocols and techniques. Establishes individualized care and discharge plans and ensures plans are communicated to appropriate parties.
- Completes comprehensive and accurate clinical documentation within established deadlines.
- Supervises assigned assistants.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.