Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Join us, discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us #2 of America’s Best Hospitals and #1 in California!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 450 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As a per diem Inpatient Pharmacy Technician, you will be responsible for the preparation, distribution and control of sterile and non-sterile oral and injectable medications, including specialty medications, and participation in departmental programs. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist.
High school Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Current California Pharmacy Technician license in good standing
What else are we looking for?
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Individuals must be able to do calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages.
- Adequate computer skills as necessary to complete assigned projects and tasks
- Equipment: Able to use the following: calculator, computer printer, PC, medication carts, automated dispensing machines etc. Proficiency in the operation of specialized equipment is necessary for assignment to specialized areas, i.e. OR/ER, Sterile Manufacturing, ACP, Storeroom, etc.
- Schedule/Hours: Able to rotate shifts, alternate weekends, and rotate throughout any areas requiring Pharmacy Technician.
- Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds for distances to 10 feet.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure alarms.
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers.
- Able to read information on medication labels.
Working Title: Pharmacy Technician – Inpatient – Per Diem
Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$28.50 – $29.49