Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 450 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
The Assistant Pharmacy Technician Manager at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has responsibility for assisting the Associate Director of Pharmacy with technician issues within the Department of Pharmacy Services, such as arranging coverage of technician sick calls, updating area-specific job functions, and sick call procedures, participating in technician training activities, review preparation and presentation, coordinating departmental quality assurance and JCAHO-related activities for responsible areas. Additionally, this individual is also responsible for all the duties of a pharmacy technician and will staff as a technician as needed.
This role involves days/evening shifts.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Technicians must have an adequate background in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Training.
- Current pharmacy technician registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
What else are we looking for?
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience as a pharmacy technician
- Excellent attendance history
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient to train new employees and perform other job responsibilities of the position
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively manage human resources
- Ability to prioritize work flow.
- Ability to effectively manage human resources.
- Ability to develop and implement quality control and performance improvement measures.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practices.
- Reasonable knowledge of pharmacy computer systems and core Office software for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Monitors technician performance including collecting and providing feedback to pharmacy managers and participating in communication of corrective action and performance evaluations.
- Assists with Human Resource issues.
- Oversees the training of new inpatient technicians and interns
- Develops and updates educational materials, including syllabus and audiovisual materials for technician training.
- Maintains area-specific check-off lists for on-the-job training
- Coordinates technician continuing education lectures.
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation of the technician career ladder program, including coordination of technician promotions and scheduling/proctoring of technician examinations.
- Coordinates and supervises projects of Level III technicians.
- Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 25 pounds for distances to 10 feet.
- Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, mechanical failure alarms.
- Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers.
Working Title: Pharmacy Technician Assistant Manager
Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$71,300.00 – $110,400.00