The Senior Pharmacy Support Specialist at the Cedars-Sinai Angeles Clinic will be responsible for supporting the Cedars-Sinai Angeles Clinic pharmacists in the daily operations of the Pharmacy Department. The Senior Pharmacy Support Specialist’s primary role is to assist the pharmacists, physicians and other providers in processing of prescribed orders, prior authorizations, distribution and inventory management of clinic-administered medications, and obtaining and compiling clinical information. All duties are performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Chemotherapy / IV Admixing – Mixes chemotherapy, immunotherapy and other IV admixtures under the direct supervision of a pharmacist while using specialized equipment in a sterile and sanitary work environment.
- Chemotherapy / IV Admixing – Manages and restocks pharmaceutical inventory and responsible for stocking/ordering supplies.
- Chemotherapy / IV Admixing – Enters data utilizing the electronic medical record for health and billing purposes.
- Communicate pertinent information to pharmacists, prescribing physicians, other providers, and/or office staff.
- Monitor and respond to e-mail and electronic medical record inbox/in-baskets messages and other communications in a timely manner throughout the work day.
- Assist in obtaining prior authorizations from insurance plans and coordination with pharmacies.
- Assist with data collection and entry when needed.
- Facilitate communication with clinics/departments regarding medication requests and issues pertaining to medication stock and delivery.
- Conduct chart or laboratory searches as necessary and transcribe relevant information into CS-Link.
- Expert in workflows, standard work, and responsible for updating standard work and/or any other supporting documents as needed.
- Participate in training and observations of other pharmacy support specialists and staff.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Pharmacy Tech License-CA Board of Pharmacy, Upon Hire, Minimum
- Basic Life Support (BLS)-Required if position in involved in direct patient care, 180 Days, preferred
- 3 years-Chemotherapy/IV Admixing experience, minimum
Frequently: Sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects. Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more. Use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operate equipment. Rarely: Perform unaided lifting of objects, 20 lbs.
Working Title: Pharmacy Senior Technician – Oncology – Angeles Clinic
Department: Angeles Clinic – Wilshire
Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$22.12 – $33.18