Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons it was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as 2nd Best Hospital in the nation and #1 in California. Cedars-Sinai continues to be acknowledged as a world leader in patient care, education and research.
Our 886-bed nonprofit, acute, tertiary, teaching Level I trauma center hospital is located in the heart of Los Angeles. The Pharmacy Department has over 450 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via two cancer centers, outpatient pharmacies and ambulatory care clinics.
Committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where over 125 residents have graduated from the accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually.
As a per diem IV Room Pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, you will be responsible for the daily organization and supervision of all drug distribution activities, including provision of clinical services, in the Sterile Products Preparation Area (IV Room).
The per diem pharmacist provides sterile product preparation and dispensing to cover sick, vacation, off-days, periods of high census, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy. Prefer PharmD
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification by American Heart Associaton
- You will have knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
- You will have the ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the pharmacist’s responsibilities.
- Ability to teach and serve as preceptor for training programs.
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration.
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of drugs.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to pharmacy practice.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
Working Title: Pharmacist – IV Room – Per Diem
Department: Pharmacy-Sterile Mfg-Iv
Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Specialty: Pharmacy
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$87.00 – $90.00