Cedars-Sinai Health System, set in the heart of Los Angeles, is seeking a talented Nurse Practitioner to join our robust, interdisciplinary palliative care program. Our team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, palliative care social workers, pharmacists and chaplains.
With an 886-bed acute inpatient facility, including a 120-bed ICU tower and over 50,000 admissions annually, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is one of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in the country. The Health System is home to the leading heart transplant center in the nation and is one of the largest providers of oncologic care in the state of California.
The Palliative Care Medicine team is fully integrated into our diverse academic and community environment and works closely with a robust medical staff that includes full-time faculty, private community physicians, and hospitalists. The team oversees a busy inpatient consult service, an inpatient hospice program and performs outpatient consults in the clinic setting, and in a number of local skilled nursing facilities. We are looking for Nurse Practitioner candidates to join our inpatient & outpatient consultative teams.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience or more in direct Palliative Care and be skilled in the following areas:
- Symptom Management
- Performing goals of care discussions with patients and/or family members
- Advance care planning
- Pain Management/Relief
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State of California required.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certificate required or eligible to obtain
- Furnishing number issued by BRN required.
- ACLS certificate from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Palliative Care certification required or obtain within 1 year (external).
- Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience (including acute care) required.
- Two (2) years minimum direct experience in Palliative Care required.
Working Title: Nurse Practitioner – Palliative Care
Department: Care Transitions
Business Entity: Medical Network
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$130,600.00 – $195,800.00