Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you require to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
The Smidt Heart Institute is home to a distinguished team of experts who are setting the bar for cardiovascular treatment in the United States. The Institute unites 16 centers and programs to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions for all patients, from infants to those with advanced disease. Compassionate care is integrated with an agile research enterprise, giving patients access to pioneering treatments.
Under the supervision of a physician within the Nurse Practitioner’s competence, the Nurse Practitioner provider services to the Congenital Heart Patient population, inclusive of pediatric and adults. The Nurse Practitioner will incorporate both independent decision-making abilities and collaboration with the physician to provide expert care to the patients. The NP is responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the work up and care of the patient in outpatient settings.
- Obtain and perform history and physical examinations
- Record and interpret pertinent data (i.e., labs, diagnostic studies, discharge summaries, progress notes, etc.), including writing orders and discharges under the supervision of a licensed physician
- Coordinate ongoing overall patient care with physician staff, nursing staff, and other ancillary care providers to ensure treatment plans are implemented
- Maintain communication with patients and families regarding care
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to pediatrics and adult patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and provide the care needed
- Perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices
- Perform other related duties as requires
- Participations in Quality activities, including Unit Practice Committees.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse practitioner program required
- Current State of California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License required
- National Certification by respective accredited professional nursing organization such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) required (or eligible to obtain)
- Current NP Furnishing License required
- DEA license required (or eligible to obtain)
- ACLS and PALS certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Prior experience in Pediatric Congenital Heart care, Cardiology or Cardiothoracic patient management
- Pediatric ICU experience preferred
- 2-3 years of experience as Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Acute Hospital experience preferred
Working Title: Nurse Practitioner (Family NP) – Congenital Heart Program
Department: Congenital Heart Program
Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$139,000.00 – $222,300.00