Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the country for cardiology? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cardiovascular Intervention Center (CVIC) is a core element of the Smidt Heart Institute, performing more than 8,000 procedures a year. The department serves the populations of neonates to and including geriatrics. In this twelve-laboratory facility, we perform a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for coronary artery disease, heart muscle function and heart valve dysfunction. The CVIC Nurse Practitioner in the CVIC PACU will be responsible for post procedure management of CVIC patients in collaboration with CVIC Proceduralists and other Provider staff.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
• The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership, and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge. Proven track record in communication to staff in structuring/relaying information regarding patient diagnosis, management plan, and progress to the patient/client/family and the interdisciplinary team.
• Incorporate both independent decision making abilities and collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to provide expert care to the patients.
• Responsible to the medical director and the chief nursing officer (CNO) and function as an integral part of the medical team.
• Enhance competency skills through continuing education programs.
• Demonstrate the ability to provide care to special patient population and those with diverse cultural background.
• Perform all job duties with sensitivity and attention to age and developmental milestones of the population(s) served which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
• Identify the ability of the age specific population served to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
• Identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the population served.
- Master of Nursing Degree required
- Graduate of California Registered Nurse Practitioner program approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing
- Current State of CA Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License required
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- DEA license required or eligible to obtain
- NP Furnishing license required
- ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- AGACNP or inpatient NP experience
- 3+ years experience as a staff nurse, preferably within the Cardiac ICU or Cardiac Cath Lab
- Previous NP experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Structural heart patients. (Transcutaneous valve replacements, etc)
Working Title: Nurse Practitioner – Cardiovascular ( CVIC Preop & PACU )
Department: Cardiology Diagnostic
Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Advanced Practice (RN)
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$139,000.00 – $222,300.00