Posting Number 00741
Title Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator
The College of Medicine at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is seeking a Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator (100% FTE ) for its new 4-year medical education program. Under supervision from the Director of Recruitment, Admissions, and Retention, the Recruitment, and Admissions Coordinator are responsible for coordinating the outreach efforts, and electronic application processing for medical school admissions, and serving as the primary point of contact for those applicants. This position communicates with applicants via both phone and email.
This open role is not a Human Resource position, this is an active Academic Recruiting and Coordinator role.
- Responsible for all aspects of application management including the electronic preparation and maintenance of all applicant files ( AMCAS, Supplemental, Interview Rating, and Screening Forms, acknowledge receipt of application fees, and related documents).
- Responsible for coordinating the initial screening of all applicants and processing changes in admissions and student records.
- Facilitate and process all data entry and paperless admissions systems using various software packages and systems.
- Prepare letters and electronic communication for admissions decisions.
- Responsible for the creation of the admissions calendar and coordination of the logistics for Admissions Events including activities for the admissions committee and recruitment.
- Relay information and answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority to internal and external constituents.
- Manage inbound/outbound telephone inquiries regarding medical school admissions.
- Coordinate activities for recruiting events and welcoming new students.
Other Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the distribution of recruitment brochures and promotional materials.
- Monitor and maintain contact information for pre-health advisors and other constituent groups.
- Coordinate activities for admissions committee meetings as well as take minutes.
- Coordinate travel needs for the admissions office.
- Assist office of medical student affairs, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One year of experience at a post-secondary education institution or related experience required.
KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES / SKILLS :
- Administrative experience including advanced computer skills.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines, communicate delays and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- Exceptional communicator, strong attention to detail, and exhibits organizational skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities, diverse student populations, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- At least two years of experience in medical school admissions, graduate admissions, or student affairs preferred.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or related field preferred
- COVID -19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID -19 vaccinations for all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has been implemented consistent with federal and state law related to medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Category Full Time
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Detail Information
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 10/21/2022
Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active)
Special Instructions to Applicants
The employment status of this position is classified as “Conditional”. Conditional employment means that the job exists contingent upon funding limitations of restricted funds or, the duration of a specific program, project, grant or contract. The duration of grant for this position is through June 30, 2023.