Cedars-Sinai was awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year which is an award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We also have a great benefits package and competitive compensation which explains why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
A Little More About What You Will be Doing
The Medical Assistant provides clinical and administrative support to nurses, physicians and allied health professionals (Clinicians) working in the hospital licensed clinics. Medical Assistants may also perform non-invasive routine technical services under the supervision of a licensed physician, surgeon or podiatrist who is on the premises. The Medical Assistant functions within their scope of education/ certification not to exceed what is permitted by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center policies, procedures and guidelines. Flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple specialty clinics is needed.
- Collects patient history and documents in EMR appropriately. Acquires all results (films, test) prior to patient visit.
- Maintains timely patient flow and room availability. Assists patients with the completion of forms, as needed.
- Performs clinical responsibilities such as taking vital signs, collecting lab specimens, performing EKG’s, administering medications and injections (as directed by clinician), and records / documents patient record.
- Participates in the patient check out process: facilitating follow-up tests, and referrals and may participate in acquiring prior authorizations to allow for timely scheduling of follow-up appointments to other providers. Maintains referral system and ensures accurate and timely follow through with all referrals generated.
- Prepares, cleans exam / procedure room and setup appropriate supplies. Ensures equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready for use during visit / procedure. Maintains and monitors all equipment used for patient care and testing and reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Collects and prepares specimens and transports to lab. Follows hospital policy for specimen labeling and logging.
- Performs unit office procedures including all general administrative duties as required (i.e. scanning, filing, faxing, phones, courier duties, etc.).
- Acts as a transporter for stable, non-acute patients for testing or treatment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduation from accredited California Medical Assistant school required
- 1 year Medical Assistant, medical office, ambulatory care facility or medical group practice required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Medical Assistant certification and/or diploma required
- California Certified Phlebotomy License preferred
Working Title: Medical Assistant – Oschin Cancer Center
Department: OCC-Clinic Exams
Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$20.42 – $30.63