Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Tell me about the role:
The LVN supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing patient care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks. The LVN is a licensed nurse who works in an ambulatory care setting to provide nursing services.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Greet patients and provide an initial nursing evaluation.
- Manages patient and takes a leadership role within the suit.
- Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
- Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
- Takes appropriate vital signs, records in EHR, sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed and performs designated diagnostic tests, draw and prepare designated lab work.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Current and valid California LVN License
BLS from the American Heart Association and/or the American Red Cross
Five (5) or more years of experience in outpatient medical setting preferred
Ability to set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays
Ability to prepare patients for office visits/procedures
Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately document and record significant data
Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up and the understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures
Working Title: LVN – OBYGN Clinic – 8 Hour Days
Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
Job Category: Nursing
Job Specialty: Nursing
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$24.38 – $36.57