Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Nurse Educator – Per Diem, Variable (Los Angeles)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The LVN – Educator is responsible for assisting in the planning, design and implementation of education programs/services and professional development of nurses in their assigned nursing specialty. Works closely with Director of Education and/or department managers on the educational needs assessment and orientation programs for staff, in the assigned specialty. Ensures that competencies and skills are current and relevant for the nursing staff. Functions as a resource for educational issues throughout the hospital.
- Assists RN Educator to conduct annual staff needs educational needs assessments and works with other health care professionals to ensure quality programs. Participates in staff competency assessments and validation, skill fairs and community events. Collaborates to ensure consistency and continuity of education programs.
- Actively participates in the orientation of new hires into the hospital and provides oversight over new grad program. Provides ongoing assessment of staff learning needs and ensures that competencies and skills are current and relevant.
- Facilitates training and learning activities through assisting in the development of education programs and materials. Delivers educational programs through formal and informal means, makes effective and efficient use of time and resources, manages learning environment, and assists learner to identify learning needs. Gives direction and feedback to participants as needed.
- Operates as a positive influence, and assists RN Educator in identifying, influencing, and facilitating changes in policies, procedures and legislation, by promoting staff competence and understanding of issues.
- Participates in the collection of quality improvement data, research, research utilization projects, and group research projects relating to clinical needs. Ensures all Educational Training Program (ETP) documentation is accurate, complete and submitted. Ensures activities are compliant with all legal and certification requirements and hospital-wide standards of care.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Vocational Nursing or its equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Five (5) years of clinical experience required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English required. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays required. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment required.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Vocational Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Nursing, Practitioner, Education, Nurse Educator
Employment Status: Per Diem
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Los Angeles – 4081 East Olympic Boulevard – Los Angeles, California 90023
Reasonably expect to pay:
Min: $30.00 Max: $30.00
Union Pay Info: (If Union Position – Please Click link to see Union Pay information)