Internal Medicine Physician-Family Health Centers of San Diego
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for an Internal Medicine Physician to join our team at our Downtown Family Health Center. Downtown Family Health Center at Connections, co-located with PATH Connections Housing, focuses on providing vital services, including sick visits, physicals, vaccinations, and mental health counseling, to all individuals with an emphasis on the homeless population.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Physician will provide caring, affordable, high-quality healthcare and supportive services to everyone, with a special commitment to uninsured, low income and medically underserved persons. If you are passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of your community, especially for underserved communities, FHCSD is looking for people like you.
- Completes all required documentation accurately, timely and thoroughly in accordance with department standards and to comply with electronic medical record requirements, including medication reconciliation, finalizing notes, clearing out personal pool, and participating in clinic pool.
- Follows FHCSD policies and procedures, including (but not limited to), cooperating with the timely submission of credentialing and licensing paperwork; maintaining BLS certification; maintaining CME units based on the requirements of the specifying Board; attending all mandatory meetings; minimizing incident reports; using resources efficiently and practicing medicine in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain FHCSD behavioral standards, including (but not limited to), effective listening and communication skills and respectful interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Maintains minimum productivity requirements as outlined by the organization
- Maintains satisfactory peer reviews: able to assess medical information including pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, etc., in order to facilitate health promotion and disease prevention.
- Meets clinic site and organization needs in a reliable and flexible manner; prioritizes work and makes an effort to adhere to schedule.
- Participate in Clinical Outcomes Program and work towards meeting organizational targets for all metrics.
- Participates in administrative duties, including lab reports, charts, and medication refills reviewed and managed appropriately.
- Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely manner.
- Supervise Advanced Practice Providers in a timely and responsive manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Board certified or Board eligible in a Primary Care field
- Experience with underserved, low-income persons, or homeless persons preferred
- Ability to work effectively with patients from diverse social, cultural and economic groups
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR (BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training.
- DEA license
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine.
- Must possess current unrestricted license to practice in the State of California
- Second language fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Job type: Full Time (may consider part time options)
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
FHCSD was founded by community activists working towards a common goal: caring, affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine and providing cultural competent care to the medically underserved.
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base range for this position, exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses.
$250,000 – $275,000
If you are hired at Family Health Centers of San Diego, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, jurisdictional requirements, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to these factors – we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is what we reasonably expect to pay for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package (more information on our benefits offerings is available here: FHCSD Wellness – Employee Hub (gobenefits.net)