Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is committed to pursuing pioneering research into disease mechanism, diagnostic innovations and new technologies and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, our physicians and scientists are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research!
The Clinical Research Program Manager is responsible for advising and managing a specified program within the clinical research operations unit, department, or division. Provides leadership, mentorship and direction for the day-to-day clinical research operations and activities, including authority to make independent decisions regarding program operations, administration, and governance. Ensures compliant, efficient, and effective conduct of the clinical trials within the portfolio. Establishes, implements, and evolves operational standards and supervises quality and progress.
- Coordinates and/or leads the assigned recognized organizational clinical research program and has authority for day-to-day program operations and administration. May be responsible for program development or expansion. Plans and implements program operations, identifies and develops governance, processes and/or guidelines, coordinates program activities and timelines, and coordinates assets to meet program objectives.
- May identify program participants and lead cross-functional teams in the administration, maintenance or expansion of the CCTO
- Collaborate with internal and external key collaborators including other departments, leaders across the organization, representatives from external agencies/organizations in the management of the program to provide mentorship, resolve issues, grow the program, and/or implement processes and/or solutions. Identifies and defines any logistics, action items, changes, or information needed to effectively manage the program.
- Identifies growth opportunities and further efficiencies that impact the program and/or departments success and aids in development of strategic plans to achieve objectives. Runs study intake process, evaluates feasibility, and providing recommendations or making decisions to support the success of the clinical research program. Maintain and further develop program growth, community outreach activities, as well as relationship building and maintenance.
- Researches and analyzes data for evaluating performance of program or program operations, including quality assurance and trends. Makes recommendations to leadership and/or implements program changes based on findings. Provides data and/or summary findings to program participants, collaborators, leadership, and/or cross-functional teams.
- Assesses communication and training needs, develops and implements any applicable communication, education, training, on-boarding and/or mentorship pertaining to the team. Advises stakeholders of any changes to the program.
- In conjunction with leadership, responsible for planning, monitoring, and leading program fiscal budgets and financials, and resolves or advances issues.
- Maintains data system integrity and ensures quality assurance measures are followed based on departmental standard operating procedures. May provide ad hoc reporting to support recommendations observed through trend analysis for future planning and improvements
- Supervises program to ensure appropriate governance and program compliance with local, state and federal laws; accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- SOCRA/ACRP certification
- 5 years of Management, Program or Project Management, or related experience.
- 3 years of Related experience in the area of specialization within clinical research or industry setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree -Healthcare, Management, or related field
- 1 year – Experience managing the operations of a clinical trial.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Clinical Research Program Manager – Cancer Clinical Trials Office
Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$94,800.00 – $161,000.00