Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai’s steadfast commitment to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and specialized care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to an increasing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes statistical analysis programs for papers, abstracts, and presentations, working with researchers, senior analysis staff and statisticians. Converts the results of analyses to tabular or graphic presentation formats, when requested.
- Prepares data subsets for analyses for researchers, students, or statisticians, working with study personnel, senior analysis staff and researchers. Assists study coordinators/senior analysts in the cleaning, developing, and detailing the study databases.
- Working with researchers and/or senior analysis staff, verifies drafts of papers, abstracts, and presentations. This work involves verification of main results by checking sample sizes, data derivation and dataset preparation, or full reproduction of all statistical analyses, including writing new original programs, as requested. Consults with original programmers, statisticians, other data analysis staff and/or researchers as appropriate.
- Checks datasets created by other programmers or researchers for accuracy, completion, and clarity.
- Documents datasets provided to others, original statistical programs, paper/data-checking work to the extent that others could easily locate files/programs, understand programs/data, and to readily check, rerun or update work performed. Also details all the verification processes, including errors, and other issues.
- Keeps study coordinators/project manager advised of requests received, work progress and completion of work. Asks for help and information where appropriate.
- Learns about and applies the resources both within the analysis group and throughout the Smidt Hearth Institute (other programmers, data managers, researchers, codebooks, manuscript files, locations of data, procedures, software, etc.). While keeping up with assigned work, serves as a resource for other members of the group and the department in areas of study, programming, software, or other expertise.
- High School Diploma Required
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics or related field preferred
- 3 years experience of managing application design, software development, maintenance required
- 5 years’ demonstrated ability developing critical, large scale customer facing web applications / sites with high volume and high-reliability requirements preferred
- 2 years of research experience in computer applications to human research problems preferred.
- Applications programming experience using statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA, S-Plus, R etc.). Experience with a higher-level programming language is a plus.
- Knowledge of research methodology and statistical reasoning.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple research tasks and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate professionalism and respect for subject’s rights and individual needs.
Working Title: Clinical Research Coord II – Smidt Heart Institute (Dr. Roopinder Sandhu)
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Academic / Research
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$28.30 – $48.11