Senior Mechanical Engineer Schnackel Engineers, Inc is currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Pasadena, California (91101). Job Summary:If you are looking to put your engineering expertise and skills to use while simultaneously helping to revolutionize the MEP/FP/IT engineering industry, Schnackel Engineering is the place for you! We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to develop mechanical plans and specifications for architectural projects throughout North America using our new, groundbreaking software platform, AI for MEP.
- Design Superior Quality Plans: Your expertise and skills, coupled with our proprietary AI for MEP software, will result in some of the highest-quality, most accurate plans seen in the industry while being completed in a fraction of the time of traditional design.
- Help Shape the Future of Revolutionary Software: Your expert input and feedback will help shape the development and improvement of Schnackel Engineers’ AI for MEP software.
- Guide Your Colleagues: You will be encouraged to utilize your positive unique life experiences, skills, and expertise for the betterment of your colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Coordinating with the client, the MEP/FP/IT design team, and other consultants to ensure the design is consistent with the client’s vision, to identify and resolve areas of conflict, to ensure a fully coordinated interdisciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained. Participate in meetings and conference calls when deemed necessary.
- Becoming familiar with the codes that are applicable to the project.
- Using AutoCAD and other software to create mechanical construction document packages which include plans with appropriate equipment, ductwork, piping, and construction specifications.
- Performing HVAC load calculations, ductwork, pipe sizing, and any other calculations required to support the mechanical design.
- Coordinating with equipment vendors and manufacturer’s representatives for selection and specification of appropriate equipment.
- Provide construction administration (CA) services, including answering requests for information (RFIs).
- Provide mentoring and guidance for colleagues.
Education and Experience:
- ABET-accredited degree in Architectural Engineering with a Mechanical emphasis or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on HVAC systems.
- Five or more years of mechanical design experience with an MEP/FP engineering consultant.
- Advanced proficiency with California Building, Mechanical, and Energy Codes.
- In possession of, or ability to obtain, Professional Engineer (PE) credentials in Mechanical Engineering.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication and organization skills, including ability to prioritize tasks and multitask.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently upon receiving necessary direction and information.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments with desire to work efficiently.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Why Join Schnackel Engineers, Inc.?
- Be a part of a mid-sized, family-owned company that values quality, efficiency, and clear communication.
- Work on diverse projects across North America, offering a rich and varied professional experience.
- Embrace the challenge of a role that combines technical expertise, innovation, creativity, and leadership.
- Lead and mentor colleagues with the opportunity to pass along your experience and knowledge of the industry to the next generation.
Please submit your resume via the ‘Apply now’ button! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!