Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Narrative Systems Designer to join our Star Wars FPS team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about First-Person Shooters and Star Wars and is experienced in the technical development and implementation of narrative-focused gameplay systems. We are picturing someone with high technical aptitude, rigorous attention to detail, an inventive streak, and strong narrative sensibilities who can embrace our game development philosophy and help us create an incredible experience for our players and fans.
What you’ll do…
- Guide the migration and integration of existing EA & Respawn tech with narrative systems in mind.
- Prototype and develop narrative systems that facilitate player expression, storytelling, and the performances of combat & non-combat NPCs.
- Help design and architect technical systems that support delivering compelling, engaging, and immersive game experiences.
- Explore and adapt new ways to bring characters to life with a practical approach that blends into, or seamlessly with, gameplay.
- Work with many different disciplines throughout the team (Character Art, Technical Animation, Animation, Level Design, Combat Design, Dialogue Design, Writing, etc) when requesting and crafting content to go into these systems.
Ideally, you will have…
- Professional experience in the games industry working as a developer in a role with a significant technical focus, shipping at least one title.
- A strong understanding of Unreal 5 including practical experience with Blueprint scripting.
- A general technical background and aptitude, including at least one text programming language, and a sense of how to architect systems for extensibility, flexibility and performance, using such concepts as inheritance, components, code reuse, encapsulation, and interfaces.
- A preference for prototyping and building interactive systems over paper design and writing.
- Familiarity with animation state machines, AI behavior trees, and Sequencer.
Posted:09/25/2022 06:56 AM