We have an excellent opportunity for an audio-visual system technician to come and join our embedded team in Downtown Los Angeles.
General responsibilities include video recording, audio recording, editing and studio gear setup/breakdown. The ideal candidate should be proficient in video and lighting controllers and have significant experience with video production workflows.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively run video/audio recording sessions as first-chair video engineer in our Flagship podcast & video studios
- Responsible for the video/audio balance/levels during live broadcasts and recorded shows
- Camera and microphone placement + line signal checks
- Main point of contact for the session’s daily engineering needs
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients and creators through effective communication. Function as liaison between our video and image producers and our asset management
- Set up hosts & guests for remote recording using Riverside, Squadcast, Zoom or Google Meet
- Directly work with the video team, assist in operating PTZ cameras and video ingest systems
- Set up and break down cameras (PTZ, Panasonic and Canon)
- Guide producers and talent through best technical practices
- Collaborate with producers, videographers, lighting designers and other team members
- Install, configure, maintain, monitor and manage audio and video production equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot issues related to digital media encoding, and media file distribution
- Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and network environments through following an institutionalized change management process
- Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users
- Pursue expansion of knowledge and skills in current and emerging production technology teams.
- Assist with the creation and management of audio and video workflows.
What You Have:
- Demonstrable experience working with audio and video in a professional capacity
- Knowledge of Pro Tools and Adobe Audition to record, edit and mix
- Knowledge of lighting consoles and PTZ controllers
- Experience shooting video and lighting for video
- Knowledge of audio signal flow, recording levels, microphone placement & techniques
- Strong understanding of AoIP environments, Dante-enabled devices + Q-Sys design (+)
- Experience using file management services such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- Knowledge of file formats & tech requirements for video content production
- Knowledge of live broadcasting equipment and codecs
Powered by JazzHR