The KARL STORZ Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist (SOES) is a trained Specialist with M.I.S equipment and devices and an integral member of the KARL STORZ Service team providing support in the San Antonio, TX area. The SOES is responsible for the management and troubleshooting of these devices (including hand instruments, video equipment, and the integrated Operating Room (OR1) within their assigned hospital.
SOES positions often pave the way to internal career advancement opportunities in areas such as Sales, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- Face-to-face customer support, including OR, SPD, and Biomed,
- Preventative maintenance and management of endoscopy products so that they are always in good working order and ready for use including documentation of their functionality
- Monitoring, reporting, and facilitating repair/exchange transactions
- Keeping repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account.
- Training and education for the OR, SPD, and supporting departments,
- Designing process improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs
- Identifying opportunities to reduce instrument damage and related repair costs
- Gathering detailed usage and repair data
- Identifying and implementing reusable strategies
- Communicating effectively with a diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
- Performing complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations.
- The SOES will be part of an operations team tasked with providing the customer with cost-reduction initiatives and value well beyond the tasks listed above.
- This role will include all aspects of the implementation of reusable M.I.S. products from training to procedural support.
- The candidate will also be responsible for capturing procedural and device usage data. While analysis of the data will not be necessary, they must have a strong comprehension of the data that is collected.
- In some accounts, the SOES will also be responsible for the transporting, cleaning, and packaging of instruments after use.
At its core, the SOES program’s goal is to manage M.I.S. devices and facilitate and expedite successful M.I.S. procedures, thus allowing the surgeon and staff to focus on the patient and not on equipment and related issues.
- Level of accountability: Generally independent but supervised;
- Level of decision making: Specialized tasks
- Supervision: Does not supervise others directly
- Financial/Budgetary: Little or no financial impact on revenues or cost
- Has contact with KSEA internal staff, other team members, and hospital contacts
- Physical Requirements: Considerable mental and physical effort
- Travel: Up to 5% of travel during the year
- Ability to work on-call weekends/evening hours (rotating schedule across the team)
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 25lbs
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma with related experience; a higher degree preferred
- Preferred 2-4 years experience in surgical technology or central sterile experience or previous work history in medical sales or services management
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! – Tuition pre-imbursement
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a child.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these requirements.
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a specific team member’s base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Contact