As a Senior Accountant, you’ll impact the lives of everyday people and help them go from surviving to thriving with innovative digital personal finance solutions. You will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and play an integral role as it relates to the goals of the department, contributing to the compliance and efficiency of the team. Your experience and commitment for continued growth will play an important part in the overall team’s success.
Join Achieve, change the future
At Achieve, we’re changing millions of lives. From the single parent trying to catch up on bills to the entrepreneur needing a loan for the next phase of growth, you’ll get to be a part of their journey to a better financial future. We’re proud to have over 2,700 employees in mostly hybrid or remote roles across Arizona, California, and Texas and are strategically growing our teams to better serve our members. A career at Achieve is more than a job-it’s a place where you can make a true impact, have a sense of belonging, establish a fulfilling career, while putting your well-being first.
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role in the month-end closing processes, including proactively looking for improvements and efficiencies
- Support system optimization as a subject matter expert in your areas of responsibility and accounting
- Maintain and approve general ledger and subsidiary journals
- Prepare and maintain accurate US GAAP compliance for balance sheet and income statement activities
- Conduct monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Analyze various types of financial information identifying issues, then work to resolve, or develop proposed solutions to the identified issues
- Assist with audits by providing research, documentation, schedules, and disclosures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support FP&A and management team for financial reporting performance and variance analysis
- Support and lead special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA / Candidate actively pursuing CPA preferred
- Minimum 6 years in the accounting field
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and ability to research accounting treatment for various transactions
- Ability to work independently while keeping management and other team members updated
- Ability to proactively identify problems within areas of responsibility and then investigate, develop and present detailed possible solutions ultimately helping champion to the finish line
- Results-oriented, able to manage timelines and proactively communicate to various team members
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and drive to deliver high-quality work
- Oracle / Oracle Fusion Experience preferred
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
Achieve well-being with:
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry family members
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with other employees through our six employee resource groups
Salary Range: $57,840 to $118,182 annually + benefits. This information represents the expected salary range for this role. Should we decide to make an offer for employment, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Achieve is a leading digital personal finance company. We help everyday people move from struggling to thriving by providing innovative, personalized financial solutions. By leveraging proprietary data and analytics, our solutions are tailored for each step of our member’s financial journey to include personal loans, home equity loans, debt consolidation, financial tools and education. Every day, we get to help our members move their finances forward with care, compassion, and an empathetic touch. We put people first and treat them like humans, not account numbers.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Achieve to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by Achieve’s Talent Acquisition leader.