***Must be based within commuting distance of 90071 to be considered***
Considering a career in the financial services industry? At Northwestern Mutual Los Angeles, our team of financial advisors build their career by helping individuals, families and businesses create clarity and confidence around achieving their financial goals through our comprehensive planning process. Our financial advisors seek to understand their clients’ goals and dreams in order to develop comprehensive financial solutions at the highest standard, that will help clients reach financial success.
Unique to Northwestern Mutual Los Angeles, our Accelerated Managing Director track is designed specifically for candidates currently enrolled in part-time or executive MBA programs. This leadership accelerant is designed to immerse you in additional development geared toward becoming a Managing Director from the start while you build your financial planning practice. There is additional financial incentive for the time dedicated and the results achieved in this program.
Here, you are backed by a Fortune 90 Company and have access to award-winning training, technology, planning tools and supportive mentors who will help you deliver expert advice to your clients. Be a part of a thriving, inclusive culture supporting every team member on their career path.
Financial Advisor careers provide what many people desire professionally:
- Impact: Helping your client’s live life the way they want by implementing financial strategies to achieve their goals.
- Income: With unlimited earning potential, the career is very rewarding, securing your own financial dreams.
- Inter-dependence: You are in business for yourself, but not by yourself. Building a practice can create the flexibility and independence, balanced with quality services and support from your local office.
· Developing your professional network; connecting with clients & client prospects
· Building rapport with prospects to understand in depth their financial goals, needs and concerns
· Developing recommendations and tailoring solutions to each client’s needs
· Collaborating with experts to develop financial acumen and expertise
· Specialize in a certain field or specialty market and build your credentials
· Explore a variety of leadership paths while continuing your personal practice
· Teaming with other financial advisor practices
Desired Skills and Experience
We welcome both entry level and experienced financial advisors to actively develop their client base, credentials, and financial acumen with our firm. We are confident our training, coaching, mentorship, and development programs will get the right fit to succeed to their highest potentials. We are looking for individuals with:
· Currently enrolled in a part-time or executive MBA program
· Ability to devote 40+ hours weekly
· Prior sales and/or business development experience preferred
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Strong interpersonal management skills required
· Strong communication skills required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Exceptional income potential
· Comprehensive & competitive medical coverage
· Two company-funded retirement plans (pension plan and 401k plan)
· Group life and disability income insurance
· Flex Programs
· Paternity and Maternity Leave
· Northwestern Mutual is annually honored as one of the “WORLD’S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES” in the life insurance industry according to FORTUNE Magazine’s annual survey. Since 1983, FORTUNE magazine has surveyed industry executives and analysts 38 times to identify the companies that are among the “Most Admired” in their industry. 38 times, Northwestern Mutual has earned that distinction.
· Ranked among the “TOP 10 INDEPENDENT BROKER-DEALERS” as measured by total revenues by the leading investment industry publications: Financial Advisor magazine; Financial Planning magazine; Investment Advisor magazine.
· Northwestern Mutual is annually ranked as one of the “50 BEST COMPANIES TO SELL FOR” by Selling Power Magazine and recognized as the best company to sell for in the financial services industry.
Northwestern Mutual has always received the highest financial strength ratings from all four major rating services:
· M. Best: A++
· Fitch Ratings: AAA
· Standard & Poor’s: AAA
· Moody’s Investors Service: Aaa