Controller Position in a Leading Construction Firm
Our client, a distinguished firm at the forefront of construction industry, is actively seeking an experienced Controller to help manage their financial operations. This pivotal role encompasses oversight of project management, billing, and procurement processes, in addition to the traditional financial management responsibilities. With a rich history of construction projects, our client prides itself on delivering unparalleled service quality and innovation. The successful candidate will bring strategic vision to the finance department, ensuring financial integrity, streamlining operational processes, and supporting the company’s growth objectives. Offering a competitive salary range of $130,000 to $150,000, this opportunity is perfect for a finance professional eager to contribute to the success of a leader in the construction services industry.
- Financial Operations Management: Oversee aspects such as accounts payable/receivable (AP/AR), job cost accounting, payroll, and cash flow management. This includes developing and maintaining systems for internal accounting controls and financial reporting.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in detailed budgeting, forecasting, and analysis activities. This involves preparing and presenting monthly financial statements, conducting Work-In-Progress reporting, and managing the General Ledger.
- Project Management: Coordinate with various stakeholders, including senior management, operations managers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors, to ensure project delivery within the stipulated budget and timelines. Responsibilities may also include monitoring construction progress, resolving issues on-site, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Billing and Collections: Prepare monthly progress billing for clients, review and approve vendor invoices, and manage payroll processes for construction personnel. Ensure timely collection of receivables and manage inventory levels for materials.
- Procurement Management: Oversee the procurement process for all construction projects, including the selection and management of vendors and subcontractors. Responsibilities include negotiating terms and prices, ensuring timely delivery of materials and equipment, and maintaining quality standards to meet project specifications and schedules.
- Regulatory Compliance and Audits: Coordinate quarterly accounting reviews, annual audits, and tax returns. Maintain compliance with state registrations, business, and tax licenses.
- Communication and Decision Making: Exhibit strong decision-making capabilities, multitasking skills, and the ability to follow up on projects/tasks. Effective communication, both written and verbal, is crucial to liaise with banks, financial institutions, and various departments within the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in administration, finance, or a related field
- Experience in engineering or construction accounting or a related area is essential, with a preference for those who have a strong understanding of finance law, regulatory standards (such as GAAP), and banking processes.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with Engineering or Construction accounting software
- Skills in timekeeping, organization, problem-solving, and mathematics are crucial for success in this role.